All members of the SIRC Strategic Planning Group (i.e., expert, junior, and EBP Champions) are invited to participate in the SIRC 2013 Implementation Research Development Workshop (IRDW) on Saturday, May 18, 2013.
Similar to the Invited Research Day at the 2011 SIRC conference (and unlike the main SIRC conference which focuses on implementation research results), presentations for the IRDW are on work in development where feedback can (a) have a helpful and substantial impact on the developing project or proposal and (b) lead to a useful discussion of cutting edge issues in implementation research.
• The workshop is offered for SPG members–both junior and senior as well as EBP Champions–who would like feedback on a project or proposal in development.
• Presenters will have 45 minutes, including 10-20 minutes for presenting their project and 20-40 minutes for a facilitated group discussion of questions and feedback. The workshop groups will include 10-12 implementation researchers including both junior and senior researchers.
• Presentations take place without using technology; i.e., no power point.
• A note-taker will record notes of the feedback so the presenter can be involved in the discussion. A facilitator will coordinate questions and feedback from the workshop group.
The Implementation Research Development Workshop provides a forum for brainstorming ideas about research design with other implementation researchers. We welcome a range of implementation research topics. We especially encourage work in progress involving socio-culturally diverse populations and settings as well as presentations by community providers interested in adding research evaluation to new or ongoing implementation efforts. This is a unique opportunity to present work in development based on the BRIDGE model used by the Psycho-Social Aspects of Diabetes research group. Please see our IRDW 2011 page for more information about the last workshop including testimonials from our presenters.
Interested in presenting or attending the IRDW 2013 workshop?
Register here for IRDW 2013!
At registration, you will be asked to state your preference for participation as:
- need to present in order to attend
- want to present but willing to attend if I can’t
- prefer not to present but willing to if requested
Registration will involve submitting a 100 word summary of your project based on your selection. Presentations will then be accepted on a first-come, rolling basis until we have filled the available slots. We will review registrations as we get them and send confirmation emails as soon as you are accepted to present or attend. Our goal is to maximize attendees preferences. We have up to 4 rooms available for IRDW workshops on May 18 and will have 6 presentations per room with a maximum of 20 participants per room. Thus, there is a maximum of 24 presentation and 80 participants slots.
Additional information, including presentation handouts, will be requested of all presenters in April as we are aware that projects in progress move quickly and will likely change between now and May 2013. If your presentation is accepted and you make changes to your topic, just let us know. Please see the 2011 IRDW page for examples of handouts used by previous presenters.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about IRDW.